Thursday, March 31, 2011

Just Mixing it Up! Personal Style: Quiz

     After reading a decorating post in TheMommyhood I began to think about my own personal style. I know I've always been pretty eclectic and chameleon like, changing my taste and dressing to fit my mood. That said I do have some style staples. I love to wear pearls and old jewelry. I am drawn to things that are pink and soft. I like stripes. I prefer to wear clothing that accentuates my curves although flowy, sheer fabrics intice me. (They just seem to make me look bigger than I am) I love tea cups and saucers, vintage photos and magazines. I'm drawn more to distressed fabrics and wood than I am to copy and paste manufactured pieces, although by looking at my furniture you'd never know it. I love color in a room. I like dark blue with white trim. I like bright yellow and sap green. So, what is my style exactly? I went to Kaboose and took two fun quizes. A fun Decorating Style Quiz and a Fashion Style Quiz.
 After 10 questions about curtain choices, flooring, colors, and finishing touches it concluded that my decorating style is "Cottage Chic." At a close second was "Country French." Apparently, and I agree, that I am drawn to romantic, vintage inspired, and distressed pieces. It also stated that I like whitewash and at first I thought I didn't. I like rich colors and contrast. However looking at photos of whitewashed rooms, I found that I am actually very drawn to it. Plus, all of my dishes are white and they are in white cabinets. So apparently I'm not as in to color as I thought I was. Here are some "swatches" I found that go along with my style.




After the decorating quiz I went on to the fashion quiz. The "What Era Do You Belong To?" quiz asked me to choose between favorite accessories, shoes, and hair styles. It concluded that I'm a lady of the '30s. What?! I would have thought 50's or 60's. You know, more of a mid-century Betty Friedan than the Hell's House Bette Davis. However I'd be proud to be linked to them both politically of course. But that's another post. Anyhoo, the test concluded that I'm classic, feminine, and in touch with my glamorous side. I suppose it's right. I like horizontal stripes: classic. I adore pink: feminine. My go to lip color is red: glamorous. But I remind my self of the items in my closet that are the antithesis of this era. For example the black leather jacket or the zebra print button up. Oh, but wait. I'm pretty sure that I bought those because they were a trend and I may have worn each of them twice. Hmmmm..... My wardrobe really does reflect this sort of style.

Take the quizzes! What's your style?

2 comments:

  1. I took the quizzes. :) I have a 70s style and decorate contemporary with a close country french second. Love quizzes. Been a while since I have done any though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mine said cottage chic, too. I like white and stripes. A mix of formal and informal. The quiz was tricky for me because my real answers weren't always among the choices. I think I am traditional with a touch of cottage and a hint of modern. In short, I can not be defined by just one style.

    Still haven't done anything with that couch. It's out of my garage, and taking up an entire wall in my front livingroom. I really need to deal with it sometime soon.

    Have a great day (and thanks for the shout out)!

    ReplyDelete