Wednesday, March 16, 2011

I have...

watched the sun rise from the middle of the ocean

married a man that has prayed over me

played with orphans in a foreign country

gave birth to a son I was afraid I couldn't have

hunted for seashells in the early morning

danced in the rain while wearing a gown

lived through the loss of someone I loved dearly

people in my life that I would go to at the drop of a hat

people in my life that would come to me at the drop of a hat

been the first to graduate from college on both sides of my family

sang a solo, terrified

witnessed the love of a man and woman married over 50 years

seen two wrinkled hands hold one another as one life slipped away

written a children's story

taken up a hobby after years of thinking about it

snorkled caribbean water

watched a butterfly leave its cocoon

opened my heart to someone in need
 
raised my hands in surrender to God
 
to be continued.....

No comments:

Post a Comment