Tuesday, May 29, 2012

It's hitting me hard

I look around at the first house Jon and I bought together, where we brought both of our babies home to, and I get a little teary eyed. Slowly our family photos are coming down and boxes are being filled with our memories. The emotional attachment I have to this house is becoming more apparent each day of the moving process and this weekend I realized just how much I'm going to miss my friends. I keep having to remind myself that we are only going to be gone for ten months and that my weepiness is just me being over dramatic. Then, I look at Jack. The water works start. We are leaving him behind with my parents. I'm going to miss him so much. I've had him longer than I've been married and although his place on the totem pole is pretty low these days, due the the kids being born, he is still a big part of this family. He isn't going to understand why we aren't taking him. But again I remind myself, we will be back. It's only ten months. I'm going to have to repeat that to myself about twenty times a day, I think.

No comments:

Post a Comment