Monday, November 29, 2010

A Memorable Thanksgiving

Memorable for two reasons. My sweet Aunt Lynne passed away sometime monday evening before Thanksgiving. My sister called me Tuesday morning to give me the news that she had died. I was in shock. I couldn't believe it. She was a very sweet and kind woman and will be greatly missed. She was just 42 years old. Another reason this will be a memorable holiday is because I got to introduce Jareth to my great aunt and my great, great aunt. Other than my grandfather, my great aunt Jan is the closest thing I have to my grandmother who passed away and will never meet her great-grandson. It was an emotional reunion. It was so nice to spend Thanksgiving day with her.
The holidays can be a happy time and also rough time for families. We mourn the loss of loved ones and wish they could be with us. But this too brings us a chance to remember the good times we shared with them. This honors them more than anything. This Thanksgiving I am most thankful for the memories I have of holidays with my family and also the memories yet to be made.

No comments:

Post a Comment